|Developer||Jeff Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Based on||NPPAngband 8.0.5|
|Released||August 10 2003 (0.1.0)|
|Updated||May 8, 2015 (8.0.5)|
NPPMoria is a re-creation and update of David Grabner's UMoria 5.5.2. It was created by using the NPPAngband source code as a starting port. NPPMoria is essentially UMoria 5.5.2 with about 25 years worth of UI improvements. For those not familiar with the Angband UI, this includes:
- Modern GUI using Qt.
- Targeting (no longer have to line up with a monster to cast a spell or fire an arrow at it)
- 3 complete tilesets (8x8, 32x32, and 64x64)
- Much more advanced monster AI
- Bigscreen mode (not limited to 80x24)
- Multiple windows (can display information in separate windows such as the character screen, list of visible monsters, etc)
- Detailed help files
- Much more legible source code, and edit files for most sets of game information (monster list, object list, player classes, races, etc)
- Ability to choose from multiple fonts.
- Ability to use hotkeys
- Dozens of minor improvements
NPPMoria is a variant of Moria.